Nevada Trucking Schools and Programs

Nevada may be known for their gambling and casinos, but they are also known for many other things – like conferences, manufactured goods and much more. As a result, you will find many truck driving careers in Nevada that you can explore.

In order to apply for a Commercial Drivers License in the state of Nevada, you have to:

    • Be a minimum of 21 years old for an interstate commerce license
    • Minimum of 25 years old for combined vehicles that are more than 70 feet long.
    • You can also be granted an intrastate commerce CDL license if you are between the ages of 18 and 20 with the exception that passengers for hire cannot be transported by you, nor can you transport hazardous materials that need placards displayed during transport.

All applicants must have a current Medical Examination Report or Examiner’s Certificate in order to apply for the CDL license. You cannot have more than one drivers license and your license must be valid. You cannot apply if you have a currently revoked or suspended license in any of the 50 states. A national check will be run in order to verify your driver’s status.

To take the test, you must present a current proof of identity. A valid Nevada drivers license as well as an identification card or instruction permit is sufficient to prove identification. If you are applying for a CDL license from any other state, you must present an identification from your current state as well as proof of your social security number and a second proof of identification such as a birth certificate or U.S. Passport. All documents must be originals.

In order to take the driving test for a commercial drivers license, you must pass a vision test as well as pass a basic CDL test of knowledge for the type of vehicle you want to drive. You must also pass the tests for the vehicle endorsements that are specific to the type of vehicle you are applying for.

Endorsement tests are given for specifics such as Hazmat Tankers, Hazardous Materials, Tanker Vehicles, School Buses, Passenger Vehicles such as Commercial Buses and Double or Triple Trailers. Before taking the Hazmat Endorsement Tests, you must present a current basic CDL license with valid ID and complete a background check that includes fingerprints. The Hazmat tests cannot be taken until you have successfully completed the background check.

    • Pre-trip inspection: Demonstrate the ability to tell if your vehicle is safe to drive.
    • Basic vehicle control: Demonstrate your control of the vehicle, including going forward, backing up, and turning.
    • On-road test: Demonstrate your ability to drive the vehicle in a variety of traffic situations, including intersections, freeway driving, hills, railway crossings, and single-lane roads

A-1 Truck Driver Training
1105 Industrial Rd.
Boulder City, NV

AIT Truck Driver Training
4020 E. Lone Mountain
North Las Vegas, NV 89081

All Points TDA
123 Water St.
Henderson, NV 89015

705 E. 4th St.
Winnemucca, NV 89445

3200 E. Cheyenne Ave. Module 3
Las Vegas, NV 89030

Nevada Truck Driving School
3780 N. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 98502

Southern Nevada Community College
6375 West Charleston Blvd-WiB
Las Vegas, NV 89146

Western Truck School
3603 Las Vegas Blvd. Nsuite 112
Las Vegas, NV 89115

Western Truck School
85 N Edison Way #2/3
Reno, NV 89502